JR. HIGH MINISTRY
6th thru 8th graders
Student Events at Parkview
CIY Move 2017
CIY Move 2017
FOR ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Monday, June 26 thru Saturday, July 1
MOVE is a five day, high school only event, designed to help students catch a vision for the work of Christ in and around them! We believe that God has called every single person to use their gifts, abilities and sphere of influence to impact His Kingdom. You may be on the cusp of hearing God in a fresh, new way - or maybe even for the first time ever. This summer could change everything! MOVE could be a week you'll remember forever.
Every summer has a story - yours starts at Parkview! Register for MOVE today!
Check in at the Orland Park Campus on Monday, June 26 at 1:00 pm! We'll return to the Orland Park Campus at 10:30 am on Saturday, July 1. The cost is $395.00 until Sunday, April 30. After that, the price increases to $450. Registration closes on Monday, June 5.
JHM Quad Cities
JHM Serves: Quad Cities
Sunday, July 23 thru Friday, July 28
Jr. High Students | Davenport, Iowa
WHAT: A 5-day Jr. High mission trip in the Quad Cities area that includes working with local children's programs, serving the homeless through food pantries and thrift stores, and engaging with adults with disabilities.
WHERE: Our team will be staying at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Davenport, Iowa.
EVENING FUN: Evening activities include swimming at a local water park, watching a famous water ski show on the beautiful Mississippi River, enjoying a cookout with friends from the community, and more.
COST: The cost for this trip is $400 through Monday, May 15 and then increases to $465. The deadline to register is Monday, July 3. There are a limited number of first-come, first-served spots open for this trip so please register as soon as possible!
FORMS AND INFO
- Saturday, July 22:
Luggage Drop-Off/Pizza Party
5:00 to 6:30 pm | Orland Park Campus
- Sunday, July 23:
Check-in for departure
2:00 pm | Orland Park Campus
- Friday, July 28:
Return to Orland Park Campus
VBX for 6th Graders
VBX Off the Grid
VBX Night Shift
Malawi High School Trip
Malawi 2017 - High School Mission Trip
July 22 - August 1, 2017
THIS TRIP IS FULL. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Our Parkview high school students will be assisting E3 Worldwide (an organization that Parkview knows well) in the villages in which they work and provide farming education. They will assist in the villages with an array of activities ranging from VBS with the children, leading in youth and adult Bible studies, assisting with medical clinics, and working alongside E3 with their borehole maintenance of wells.
They will have the opportunity to do evangelistic outreach in a village in the evening with a showing of "The Jesus Film". At the end of the ministry time, participants will go on a safari to enjoy the beauty of Africa and Malawi.
- General Requirements
- Social / Emotional Requirements
- Financial Requirements
- Recommended Immunizations
- Prescriptions / Medications
- Registration / Payment Information
- Must have completed your freshman year of high school.
- Must have valid U.S. Passport.
- Must have completed Parkview's Missions 101 Class.
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Parkview Christian Church.
- You must be able to carry own luggage, and function on 6-7 hours of sleep per night.
- You should understand that the meals prepared for you will include rice, pasta, fresh fruits and vegetables, and chicken, beef or fish. Bottled water will be provided. Please include any special dietary needs on the trip application.
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all activities and assignments.
- You must be able to follow the instructions of our hosts and leaders without question.
- Flexibility is a must. Plans are subject to change for a variety of reasons.
- You will be working in a different and highly sensitive culture. You must be comfortable with their culture and respectful of their ways, even when you don't agree with them.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip (approximately $2,815), which includes airfare, ground transportation (on mission field), lodging, and food (except enroute to/from destination). Upon approval, a non-refundable deposit of $150 is required.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals enroute, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
- You are required to cover additional expenses you may incur such as passport costs and immunizations.
- For info on recommended immunizations, please visit the CDC Travelers' Health Website.
- The cost of the trip is approximately $2,815. (Please note that the cost is subject to change due fluctuating prices of travel.)
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted for an interview by one of the trip leaders or Missions Department staff.
- Upon approval, your non-refundable deposit of $150 will be due.
- You will not be considered a participant of the trip until your deposit is received. If the trip fills up before the deposit is received, then you are not guaranteed a spot.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin Courtney at 708-478-7477.
Orland Park Campus | East Foyer
- Monday, April 3 - Connect | Share Your Story Series
- Monday, April 10 - Connect | Share Your Story Series
- Monday, April 17 - Connect | Share Your Story Series
- Saturday, April 22 - Serve Day at Camp Manitoqua
- Monday, April 24 - Connect | Share Your Story Series
- Monday, May 1 - Connect
- Monday, May 8 - Connect
- Monday, May 15 - No Connect
- Sunday, May 21 - Connect
- Sunday, May 28 - No Connect | Memorial Day Weekend
- Sunday, June 4 - Connect
- Sunday, June 11 - Connect
- Sunday, June 18 - Connect
- Sunday, June 25 - Connect
- Sunday, July 2 - Connect
- Sunday, July 9 - Connect
- Sunday, July 16 - Connect
- Sunday, July 23 - Connect
- Friday, July 28 thru Sunday, July 30 - Mission Trip
- Sunday, July 30 - No Connect
Friday, April 21 | 5:30 pm
Leave from Orland Park Campus
Connect is headed to the Outcry Tour! You will not want to miss out on this event as we worship with Jesus Culture, Elevation Worship, Lauren Daigle, and more! We will depart from the church at 5:30 pm and head to the Sears Centre Arena together.
Passion Conference 2018
December 31, 2017 - January 3, 2018
Passion is more than a conference. More than an event. More than a feeling. Passion is you and me saying goodbye to lesser things and saying yes to Jesus, the One whose name is above every name.
Sign up by June 1, 2017 and get the early bird price of $200.